Swarnim Gujarat Sports University
Swarnim Gujarat Sports University is a state university established with the intention to be the epicenter of Sports development in Gujarat. It is the second such university after Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University
to be established in India in 2011.
- To achieve quality in teaching, coaching and research to excel world-class educators in the field of physical education and sports sciences.
- To protect, sustain, and enhance top form of sports persons in modern competitive sports and games, and traditional Indian Games.
- The prime endeavour of the University is to offer opportunities towards manifestation, transformation and channel of communication on the power of good inherent in sports and sportsman.
The aim of this University is not only to provide world-class educators in the field of Physical Education and Sports but also to produce world-class sportsmen, coaches and technical officials. Therefore, our focal point is to create excellent professionals who have in themselves rich in dignity, are highly motivated and committed to their profession and sport as well.
Faculties of Swarnim Gujarat Sports University
Faculty of Physical Education
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Fitness and Wellness
Faculty of Health and Applied Sports Sciences
- Department of Sports Science
- Department of Sports Physiotherapy
Faculty of Sports Management and Technology
- Department of Sports Management and Sports Tourism
Faculty of Sports Coaching
- Department of Advance Coaching and Training
Faculty of Sports Journalism and Mass Media Technology
- Department of Sports Journalism and Mass Media Technology
Faculty of Adventure Sports and Youth Affairs
- Department of Adventure Sports and Youth Affairs
Academic Programs of Swarnim Gujarat Sports University
B. P. Ed. Programme
This is a 2 years professional programme meant for preparing teachers of physical education in classes VI to X and for conducting physical education and sports activities in classes XI and XII. The programme comprises of compulsory and optional theory as well as practical courses and compulsory school internship.
Bachelor of Physical Education and Sports (B.P.E.S.)
Admission shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test (written test, sports proficiency test, physical fitness test & marks obtained in the qualifying examination) or any other selection process as per the policy of University with due weight for physical fitness test.
Master Degree in Physical Education and Sports
The eligibility conditions for Masters program are:
- He/She must be B.P.Ed., B.P.E. or B.Sc. (Health & Physical Education) fromSwarnimGujarat Sports University or any other University recognized as equivalent for the purpose.
- He /She must have obtained at least 55% marks in B.P.Ed., B.P.E. or B.Sc. (Health & Physical Education).The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks for students of reserved categories shall be as per the rules.
- Admission shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test (written test, sports proficiency test, & marks obtained in the qualifying examination) or any other selection process as per the policy of university with due weight for physical fitness test.
Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication
A candidate seeking admission to Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication, Specialization (Sports journalism), must have completed graduation from any recognized University/Institution or its equivalent.
Admission shall be made on the basis of marks obtained in Written Examination and Interview.
Master of Philosophy in Physical Education
The degree of Master of Philosophy Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education shall be considered an integrated course after the Master’s Degree.
The admission to the M. Phil. Ph.D. (Integrated) in Physical Education programme is done through an entrance test conducted by the University every year on the last Saturday of the month of July or decided by the Vice Chancellor.
Those candidates who have cleared tests of UGC (NET/JRF), GSLET and those who have more than 70 percent score are exempted from the entrance test.
- NS NIS Kayaking & Canoeing Diploma course
- P.G. Diploma in Disability Sports
- P.G.Diploma in Sports Journalism
- P.G. Diploma in Sports Nutrition
- Post Graduate Diploma in Adventure Sports Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Coaching
- P.G.Diploma in Sports Management
Swarnim Gujarat Sports University
Sector-15, G-Road, Nr. Mahatma Mandir,
Govt. Commerce College Campus,
Bh. College Building, Opp. Youth Hostel,
079 - 23288604
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org