- Gujarat Set
Gujarat SET 2019
Gujarat SET or SLET 2019 is a state level entrance test to provide lectureship or Junior Research Fellowship to the eligible candidates who wish to become an assistant professor or Lecturer in various colleges, universities and other educational institutes in the state of Gujarat.
Gujarat SET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
EXEMPTION from appearing for GSET 2019
- Candidates should atleast score a minimum of 55% marks (50% for Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped) in their Master’s or other equivalent examination from a recognised universities/institutions.
- Candidates in their final year of masters are also eligible to appear. However, such candidates will only be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor only if they score a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks in case of Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates) in their master’s or other equivalent examination from a recognised universities/institutions.
- Candidates who have a Ph.D. degree and whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
- Candidates are required to appear for GSET 2019 only in the subject where they have done their Post Graduation.
- Candidates who are in their first year of post graduation are not eligible to appear for GSET 2019.
- The reserved category candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH / VH / OBC must possess a Valid Category Certificate issued by competent authority of Gujarat state and certificates related to PH / VH.
- The candidates belonging to states other than Gujarat and who also belongs to a reserved category shall be treated as General category candidates.
- After clearing the GSET 2019, The GSET Agency will only issue certificates to the qualifying candidates only after the verification of the Eligibility Documents immediately after the result of the GSET Examination.
- There is no age limit to appear for GSET 2019.
- Exemption from GSET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and Government of Gujarat from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in GSET 2019.
- Candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.
Gujarat SET 2019 Exam Pattern
GSET Examination will consist of three papers with objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:First Session
No. of Questions: 60 out of which 50 question to be attempted
Duration: 09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.MPAPER II
No. of Questions: 50 questions all are compulsory
Duration: 11.00 A.M. to 12.15 P.M
Second SessionPaper III
No. of Questions: 75 questions all are compulsory
Duration: 02.00 P.M. to 4.30 P.M
Gujarat SET 2019 Application Process
- The candidates are required to register themselves online by visiting the official website http://www.gujaratset.ac.in/eng/06happly.php
- Candidate has to upload his / her scanned recent passport size photograph in JPEG format with 140 X 160 pixels dimension and the file size should not more than 100 kb. Fill up the application form with all appropriate details and submit it online. After the successful submission and confirmation, the candidates are suggested to take a printout of filled online Application Form and Computerised Bank Challan on A-4 size paper only for future reference.
- Download the Bank Challan from the official website to pay examination fee. The fees can be deposited in any branch of Bank of Baroda, on next working day of online registration & generating the challan from GSET Website.
- The payment of GSET 2019 examination fees should only be done after downloading the bank challan and application form. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates who uses other mode of payment like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
Gujarat SET 2019 Application Fees
- General / Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-creamy layer) Candidates: Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates: Rs. 700/-
The payment should only be made by download three copies of bank challan (Bank Copy, GSET Copy & Candidate’s Copy) from the official website.
All the three copies of the Bank Challan Form along with the requisite fee have to be submitted in any branch of Bank of Baroda only on next working day of online registration and downloading the challan from GSET Website. The bank will retain one copy and return two copies of the challan to the candidate for future references.
Gujarat SET 2019 Examination Centers
- 01 Vadodara
- 02 Ahmedabad
- 03 Rajkot
- 04 Surat
- 05 Patan
- 06 Bhavnagar
Gujarat SET 2019 Contact Address
Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET)
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
B - Block, "Chameli Baug", Nr. University Guest House,
Prof. C. C. Mehta Road, Pratapgunj, Vadodara 390 002
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org