Shri Govind Guru University
Shri Govind Guru University is a state university located at Godhra, Gujarat, India established in 2015. The Jurisdiction of the University spread over Five District of Gujarat State i.e. Panchmahals, Dahod, Mahisagar, Chhota Udepur and Vadodara. At present 122 colleges are affiliated with Shri Govind Guru University.
The objective of the University is to develop the knowledge of different branches of Higher, Technical and Professional learning and research in relation to the different domains and their applications. It also includes the following:
- To disseminate, create and preserve knowledge and understanding by teaching, research and training;
- To develop different patterns of teaching for a certificate or diploma courses, under graduate and post-graduate courses and at doctoral level and to maintain a high standard of education and its applications;
- To develop training facilities and to make arrangement for training in higher education, professional education and other fields, to provide for inter-relationship for national and international participation in the fields of science, technology, humanities, commerce, management, law, physiotherapy, medicine, paramedical, forestry, marine sciences, environmental sciences, and other fields;
- To establish close linkage with the industry to make teaching, research and training at the University, relevant to the needs of the society, at the national and global level;
- To introduce and nurture innovations in the existing education system through CBCS and interdisciplinary, skill based approach so as to reflect India’s spiritual knowledge, robust intellectual and inexhaustible creativity;
- To study and derive lessons from the ongoing latest experiments of education that are taking place in the State of Gujarat as also elsewhere and to foster all the valuable innovative work and promote the same for larger expansion and utilization;
- To establish Centre of Excellence or independent research centre(s);
- To provide avenues of higher education and research facilities primarily for the tribal population;
- To disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in tribal art, culture, tradition, language, medicinal systems, customs, forest based economic activities, and advancement in technologies relating to the natural resources of the tribal areas;
- To collaborate with national and international Universities or organisations, especially for undertaking cultural studies and research on tribal populations;
- To formulate tribal centric development models, publish reports and monographs; and to organize conferences, seminars on issues relating to tribals; and to provide inputs to policy matters in different spheres;
- To take appropriate measures for promoting the members of tribal communities capable of managing, administering and looking after their own needs by access to higher education through a University of their own;
- To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning processes in inter-disciplinary studies and research; and to pay special attention to the improvement of the social, educational and economic conditions and welfare of the Scheduled Tribes, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.
- Education and research facilities for the heightening of craftsmanship, culture, language, medicine organisms, customs, ethnicities, forest based economic activities and technology of this region.
- Worldwide status to the studies and researches of tribal culture.
- Qualitative changes in social, educational and economic status of schedule tribe and tribal people
- Maximum growth of professional education and various disciplines of knowledge through quality enhancement centres.
- Collaboration of learning, teaching, research and training with contemporary professional fields.
- Effective integration of spiritual knowledge, yoga, well-thought-out intellectuality and infinite creativeness of India in contemporary education ways and means.
- Carrying out “The Chief Minister Youth Self-reliance Scheme” of Gujarat Government transparently and excellently.
Academic Programs of Shri Govind Guru University
- B.A. (Interior Design)
- B.Sc. Nursing
- M. Com.
- M. Sc.Organic Chemistry
- M. Ed.
- Post Graduate Diploma In Medical Laboratory Technology (P.G.DMlt) Course
Shri Govind Guru University
Government Polytechnic Campus, RTO Road,
Gadukpur, Godhra, Gujarat 389001
Phone: 02672 255 103