Central University of Gujarat in Gandhinagar
Central University of Gujarat in Gandhinagar, [Gujarat], India was established through an Act of Parliament, Central Universities Act, 2009 by Government of India. with a vision to excel with social commitment by integrating modern, scientific and technological knowledge and skills with the basic human ethos and values. The University shall set forth a model in teaching, research and personality development and create skilled human resource with a sense of responsiveness towards society, the country and the world at large.
Mission of CUG
The mission of CUG is to provide access to quality education and create opportunities for encouraging students to effectively engage with emerging innovations and technological challenges, international competitiveness and leadership in thought as well as in action.
Objectives of CUG
The objectives of CUG are:
- Dissemination and advancement of knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in various branches of learning.
- Making special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences, science and technology in educational programmes.
- Taking appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning methods and interdisciplinary training and research.
- Educating and training human resource for the country's development.
- Establishing academic-industries partnership to promote advancements in science and technology.
- Paying special attention to the improvement of social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, especially pertaining to their intellectual, academic and cultural development.
Schools of Learning in CUG
Academic Programs of CUG
- M.Sc. (Two-Year programme) in Industrial Chemistry
- M.Sc. (Two Year Programme) in Chemical Sciences
- M.Sc. in Life Sciences
- M.A. English
- MA in Politics and International Relations
- M.A. (Five-Year integrated programme) in Social Management
- M.A. (Two-Year programme) in Society and Development
- M.A. in Gujarati
- M.A. in Social Work
- Five year integrated M.A. Programme in German Studies
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Comparative Literature and Translation Studies
- Nano Sciences
- Society and Development
- Studies in Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
- Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies
Other programs include:
For details of various programs, intake and eligibility criteria, click here
Admission in CUG
- Admission in the academic Year 2019-20 for various programmes of Central University of Gujarat (CUG) will be through CUCET. Central University of Gujarat has joined the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) platform for Admissions 2019-20. Online applications for various programmes of CUG are invited through CUCET-2019.
- For further details regarding different schools/centres, faculty profiles, research areas, syllabus, curricular activities, etc., the candidates are advised to visit the relevant links on CUG website.
Central University of Gujarat,Sector-29,
Gandhinagar - 382030, Gujarat, India