- Cept University
With the inception of School of Architecture through grant-in-aid from the Government of Gujarat, the Ahmedabad Education Society (AES) established the Centre for Environment Planning & Technology (CEPT) in 1962. Gradually other schools of CEPT came in place which includes the School of Planning in 1972, School of Building Science and Technology and School of Interior Design in 1982 and 1991 respectively with grant-in-aid from the Government of Gujarat.
Since its inception, CEPT operated as an autonomous academic institution free to develop its academic programs and award its own diplomas at the end of various programs of study recognized by the State of Gujarat and the statutory regulatory body for technical courses - the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).
CEPT became a University from April 12, 2005 and got recognition from the University Grants Commission in 2007. Earlier it was affiliated to the Hemachandracharya North Gujarat University at Patan from where the students were granted degrees. The University is also recognized as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR)
The teaching programs of CEPT University revolve around understanding, designing, planning, constructing and managing human habitats. The University also undertakes advisory projects to further the goal of making habitats more liveable. Through its education, research and advisory activities, CEPT strives to improve the impact of habitat professions in enriching the lives of people in India's villages, towns and cities.
Faculties of CEPT University
The University comprises five faculties with the Faculty of Design being established in 1991 as the School of Interior Design and the Faculty of Management as the latest entrant in 2013.
Undergraduate Programs in CEPT
- Bachelor of Construction Technology
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Design (Building Products and Systems/Furniture)
Postgraduate Programs in CEPT
Faculty of Architecture
- M Arch in Architectural Design
- M Arch / MA in Conservation and Regeneration
- M Arch / MA in Architectural History and Theory
- Master of Landscape Architecture / Design
Faculty of Planning
- Master of Urban Planning
- Master of Urban Transport Systems
- Master of Urban Infrastructure
- Master of Urban Housing
- Master of Urban Design
Faculty of Technology
- Master of Technology in Construction Engineering & Management
- Master of Technology in Structural Engineering Design
- Master of Technology in Geomatics
- Master of Technology in Building Energy Performance
Faculty of Design
- Master of Design in Interior Design
- International Master of Interior Architectural Design
- Master of Design in Furniture Design
- Master of Design in Building Products and Systems
Faculty of Management
- Master of Urban Management
- MPhil/PhD in Architecture
Faculty of Planning
CEPT University Entrance Test
CEPT Entrance Exam is a qualifying entrance exam for admission to 3 years’ Bachelor Degree Programme (UG) and 2 years’ Master Degree Programme (PG) in Interior Design, Urban Design and Management, Architecture, Design and Construction Technology, etc.
- The application form will be made available only on official website.
- CEPT Entrance Exam is expected to be held in April (for PG) and last week of July (for UG) of the academic year
- It is an offline test of 3 hours duration
- Duration of the exam is 3 Hours
- Candidates shortlisted in written test will qualify for another selection round i.e. Personal Interview
- After completion of Personal Interview, a final result will be generated and CEPT University invites finally shortlisted candidate for counselling and admission process.
Research in CEPT University
The following centers aid in research and consultancy work in the University
The Lilavati Lalbhai Library forms the key material resource of CEPT University. It also supports faculty members and students in enriching the teaching, learning and research experience at the University.
Some of the services offered by the CEPT library are:
- Circulation Article index of selected periodicals.
- Compilation of specialized bibliographies on demand.
- Weekly display of new arrivals.
- Inter Library Loan and Inter Library Reference Services.
- Reference files of selected topics.
- Display of the list of reserved books received in the library.
- Library orientation to fresh members.
- Supply of handout to guide the users for the use of library.
- Facility to reserve books.
Kasturbhai Lalbhai Campus
University Road, Navrangpura
Phone: 0091-79-26302470 / 26302740
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org